Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Changing from dual puck to single puck ZO w/Rev S

Changing from dual puck to single puck ZO w/Rev S 2 months, 1 week ago #9738

• BudDavis
  • Today is a gift, so ski. No promise of more.
I just switched to single puck and Rev S. I had the dual puck Zero Off with Rev R in my 2012 CC 200 w/5.7 L, 343 hp.

As a skier, the first thing I noticed was a sold hookup. When I first skied behind ZO in 2011, I never felt like I was affecting the speed of the boat with ZO as I connected. I am talking about that see-saw feeling you get with Perfect Pass where you connect and you feel some mush like you are slowing the boat down. Again I do not remember feeling that with the old ZO, but now with this new system, it makes me realize there must have been some of that with the old ZO. This feels like the boat does not have to replace anything because it does not let you take anything.

I only skied 8 passes in my first and only set so far. I have always used C2, so that is where I set this one. I skied 1-28 off, 4-32 off. I then added the plus to C2 and skied 2 more 32 off and then 1-38 off. I ran all my passes including the 38.

As a driver, I have first notice that the boat settles in to the slow speeds much better. The other system I had was sensitive to extra RPM. If I pulled a skier into the course with more RPM than I needed, the boat would over shoot the speed, then under shoot and then speed back up to the target speed. I intentionally over powered the approach yesterday on some slow speeds and the boat settled in beautifully.

Re: Changing from dual puck to single puck ZO w/Rev S 2 months ago #9739

I can absolutely say I "LOVE" Rev. S....I had heard from other skiers a long while ago, that the Single Puck was far superior to the Dual Puck system. It tracked more satellites at one time and reacted much faster. Plus they thought the pull was much better. Then when Rev. S came out, they thought it was the best pull, with the new plus system, since hand driving.

After one of my pucks failed last Feb, I installed the new system. For years I used C2. Then when Rev. R came out with the plus system, I found B1+ to work best for me. My first set with Rev. S, I started there. It felt good, so I tried B2+. That felt good so I kept going with B3+, C1+, C2+, and finally C3+. I was beginning to think my system was broke, since they all felt about the same. When I was playing back the Video, I could hear that the engine was revving more as the letters and numbers increased.

After skiing it for some time, I noticed that in Plus Mode, it always seemed to pic you up the same way, and release you the same way, no matter what the letter or number. The difference was the acceleration rate between pickup and release would increase with a higher letter and number. You could clearly hear it when driving.

I finally settled on using C3+ on my easier passes, and C2+ for practicing technique. I believe that bigger skiers will really like the PLUS System. I am 6'4" at over 200 lbs, and with Rev. Q & R, usually once each set would get pulled up out of position if I cranked a hard turn. After months of skiing Rev. S Plus, have not been over pulled up once ever. It just picks you up and releases you so much smoother. The only thing I found, it doesn't like you pulling long. That will make you fast at the ball....However, when you set up the right rhythm, it makes skiing feel much easier and consistent. If you get the forward stacked load just right, it will propel you faster than ever before. For me, it has made skiing much more fun !!!

Re: Changing from dual puck to single puck ZO w/Rev S 1 month, 4 weeks ago #9743

• BudDavis
  • Today is a gift, so ski. No promise of more.
I was very tired a few days ago while driving the boat. I noticed my head tilting forward as the skiers would pull against the boat, so obviously the boat must be slowing down with the pulls.

This is going to be a busy week, but I might try to video the speedo and tac soon.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds
Free business joomla templates