Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: The weight of Reflex verses Goode bindings.

The weight of Reflex verses Goode bindings. 2 months, 3 weeks ago #9876

• BudDavis
  • Today is a gift, so ski. No promise of more.
I weighed a set of double Reflex and double Goode bindings recently. This includes the plates and all the metal hardware on the Reflex system. The Goode did NOT have a rear heel lift.

The Reflex was almost one pound more. Reflex 5.97 lbs verses Goode 5.0256 lbs. (NO liners.)

I am not saying that more or less weight is good or bad. I am just sharing the weights.

GoodePowershells.PNG

Reflexboots.PNG

Re: The weight of Reflex verses Goode bindings. 2 months, 3 weeks ago #9877

• RL
I can't imagine running a double reflex. That release against the toe bar in the front would give me some trust issues.

Re: The weight of Reflex verses Goode bindings. 2 months, 3 weeks ago #9878

• BudDavis
I see where you are coming from RL. I am not sure, but the release MIGHT still work without the metal arm swinging back. But like you, I would want to dry land test it. I do know that the back plate does have to bo back one hole for my boot size. (#10 boot)

I do not remember the skier name, but I did see one pro at the 2020 Moomba with the set-up pictured above.

One side note:

I tried to look closely, and I believe that possibly over ninety percent of all the skiers I saw in the 2020 Moomba video from young to seasoned were using a heel release front hard shell and some sort of rear kicker.

Re: The weight of Reflex verses Goode bindings. 2 months, 2 weeks ago #9882

• BudDavis
RL, I tested it today and it releases while being that close together.

Re: The weight of Reflex verses Goode bindings. 2 months, 2 weeks ago #9883

• RL
I was able to get through the R-style awkwardness learning curve last winter/spring. I imagine I could go to a toe loop now but I'll have to see if I have one somewhere.
So far, I'm ok with the r-style.

Re: The weight of Reflex verses Goode bindings. 2 months, 2 weeks ago #9885

The Pro Skier that has been on Dual Reflex Boots and a Reflex ski is Robert Pigozzi. He is also sponsored by Reflex.

Robert is a VERY aggressive skier, and anyone who has any doubt about how well they release, just watch Him ski. Robert pushes it to the limit and has taken several spectacular crashes.

Re: The weight of Reflex verses Goode bindings. 2 months, 2 weeks ago #9886

• BudDavis
Now that you say that Ed, I remember I must have seen his setup in the pick-up boat. I hate for him how he skied at that tournament. He belongs on podiums.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds
Free business joomla templates