Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Is it the equipment or the skier?

Is it the equipment or the skier? 2 weeks, 6 days ago #9674

• BudDavis
  • Today is a gift, so ski. No promise of more.
Is it the equipment or the skier?

I am eager to find out if I can get back to where I was. I have not been skiing very well for the past couple of years. I thought it was mainly my back issues keeping me off the water. But there is something else that coincided with my digression. I changed to stiffer boots. I thought it was just a matter of getting used to them, and maybe it is. I went back to check the numbers and here is what I found.
2014 – Ran 38off 248 times and 39off 3 times. (I spent a lot of time trying to get smoother at 38off before cutting to 39off.)
2015 – Ran 38off 98 times and 39off 10 times. (2 of those were slower speeds to show a 32 and 30 mph skier that it could be done slower.)
2016 – Ran 38off 97 times. I switched to stiffer boots and only ran 38off 5 times after that in 2016.
2017 – Ran 38off 18 times.
2018 – Ran 38off 16 times.
When I look at those numbers, it is easy to blame the boots, but again, there were other issues.

I switched back to my older softer hard shells yesterday and did not like them on my first pass. They felt better on my next pass, and continued felling better throughout my set. I am excited to see what happens as I continue using them.

Re: Is it the equipment or the skier? 2 weeks, 2 days ago #9678

• BudDavis
  • Today is a gift, so ski. No promise of more.
Just an update.

I skied four more days/sets and I feel great with these boots. There is also the chance that it is because I have had more time on the water this week also.

I do not know why softer boots would make the ski faster, but it feels like they did.

If next week is like this week, I might give a shot at the purple loop.

Re: Is it the equipment or the skier? 2 weeks ago #9679

I know of a handful of skiers that went from powershells to reflex and back to powershells. They said the powershells were softer and described the same feelings you are having Bud. I got a new reflex front. Exactly like I had before but not sure I like it better than my old broke down one
The most important thing is to have fun.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BudDavis
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds
Free business joomla templates