Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Better forward flex

Better forward flex 2 years, 7 months ago #9382

• BudDavis
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Today is a gift, so ski. No promise of more.
I want to share something I did that feels great.

I think we all agree that we need to flex our front ankle to get stacked on the ski. I cut some liner out between my middle buckle and top buckle. Now when I flex, I do not have as much liner bunching trying to push my ankle back.

I skied yesterday and it felt great. The ski seems to carve better turns and I feel more dynamic on the ski.

What have some of you done similar to this?

Re: Better forward flex 2 years, 7 months ago #9383

Concur with using a liner (modified in any way) that provides good tip feedback when moving COM forward with good ankle dorsi-flexion. Too much impediment to that can create abrupt tip pressure or cause being on the heel too much.

I think it's under appreciated by some how huge the liner impacts performance. Currently using a MyFit Smart liner, but they're hard to find. Intuition Aqua liners are great too for predictability, comfort, the right amount of tip feedback, and probably best as a reliable resource, imo. A piece of neoprene overlay can be fabricated to attach beneath the center buckle such that the liner tongue doesn't bunch up when dorsi-flexing, it also prevents the liner tongue from getting worn through and subsequently "changing the feel".

What liner are you using? Which Reflex (white vs. black)? Have you modified it?

Re: Better forward flex 2 years, 7 months ago #9384

• BudDavis
  • NOW ONLINE
I think they are Scarpa maybe.
I will try and take some pics tomorrow.
The boots are basically the Super Shell Reflex, but without the name.

Re: Better forward flex 2 years, 7 months ago #9386

• BudDavis
  • NOW ONLINE
Here is a pic of a liner before cutting and heat molding.

After cutting and heat molding, it looks like a normal liner.

I helped a person with a much smaller foot use this same monster liner for her feet.

It is amazing how you can manipulate these liners.

0501171003.jpg
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds
Free business joomla templates