Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: HO A1, A2, S1......

HO A1, A2, S1...... 2 years, 4 months ago #9320

I'm looking for a new ski for my daughter. She's coming off a 64 HO Revolt. I was thinking of a D3 Helix pink. But I see several HO on SIA but I don't know the differences in the models A1.....S.....

Does anyone know about these?

Re: HO A1, A2, S1...... 2 years, 4 months ago #9321

• BudDavis
  • Today is a gift, so ski. No promise of more.
From my understandings, there have been improvements since those old models.

Have you looked for Vapors?

I have seen many people make remarkable improvements on skis the feel comfortable on.

Re: HO A1, A2, S1...... 2 years, 4 months ago #9322

All I know is that the A series ski were marketed towards 36 mph guys and S series more to the 34 mph guys. I know a few people still on the A2 and say it is the best of all of them 36 or 34 mph. I skied an A3 for awhile. I couldn't ever get a comfortable offside turn. It seemed like the tip would grab and then blow the tail or I would be too far back on the ski and end up stalling with a lot of tip rise. Onside was awesome.
The most important thing is to have fun.

Re: HO A1, A2, S1...... 2 years, 4 months ago #9323

It's so hard just to take the leap and buy one. I don't know anything about Radar. I see a few Vapor 66 out there and I'm still wondering if that's too big for her at 150 lbs. especially if she gets up to 34.

Re: HO A1, A2, S1...... 2 years, 4 months ago #9325

• BudDavis
  • Today is a gift, so ski. No promise of more.
I weigh just shy of 140 lbs most of the time and ski on 66" Radars. If you search my youtube channel, you should be able to find me skiing down around 27 mph I think at 15 off.

Here is 30 and 32 and 34 all at 39.5 off. I do not think her weight or speed should be a factor. for a 66' Radar

Re: HO A1, A2, S1...... 2 years, 4 months ago #9326

Thanks bud! That's really cool. Besides addressing this topic, it gets me to want to play around with line length. I always felt I needed to be solidly at my max speed before playing with line but this and other things I've read are encouraging me to feel the shorter lines.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds
Free business joomla templates