Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Center of Mass

Center of Mass 2 months, 1 week ago #9930

Hello my friends. I recently ran across this article. It makes a lot of sense, but I'm stumped on how to start practicing getting into the efficient position. It is just a feel thing or are there some guides and keys to help. See article at link below.

www.denaliskis.com/gut-103

Re: Center of Mass 2 months, 1 week ago #9931

• BudDavis
  • Today is a gift, so ski. No promise of more.
Good article.

Click here and this will describe how to get into that position.
www.skiall6.com/forum/6-tech-talk/9673-d...-drive-your-ski#9673

Re: Center of Mass 2 months, 1 week ago #9932

• RL
The simple answer is stand as tall/aligned as you can all the time. If you are anything like me this will take some dedication and reapplication but it is worth it to figure out. Once you can do that (or as part of the process) realize that at the boat centerline the direction becomes more down course (read the GUT handle path blog).
If any of you haven't been listening to "The Spraymakers Podcast", listen to core fundamentals, great stuff! What Bud put above is great. I'm at the point of not trying to bend my knees at all (but they still do).

My current simplification:
1) Stand as tall as I can or even taller all the time
2) Path after CL has to be more down course (the only reason that is here is because I listened to too many people say "pull through both wakes")
3) elbows tight through the swing (cl to buoy width)

Re: Center of Mass - ON AXIS 2 months, 1 week ago #9934

I was watching a conversation with Chet Raley and he talked about staying on axis. I'm not sure I actually know what he means. I think more or less over the ski and not toppling over at the buoy. I know I have the tendency to lead and drive forward with my head and shoulders.

Re: Center of Mass - ON AXIS 2 months ago #9935

• RL
I like to think of standing like I'm an I-Beam as much as I can. The better I do it, the faster and more efficient I am. Use video and compare yourself to Adam Caldwell, Allie Nicholson, Elizabeth Montavon, Ivan Morros. I ski with Adam, the main thing I've heard for the last year or 2 has been "Just Stand Up!(relative to the ski). It wasn't that hard to do once here and there, the hard part is doing it all the time. Another part of the equation is having the ski setup properly to run the line lengths you are trying to run. In general terms, if you do the mechanics somewhat correctly, there's height/width relative to the boat where the ski wants to turn. If the ski is too "grippy", you may not have enough speed to get through the turn, if the ski is too "free", you may have too much speed to turn....for a specific line length.
All of the above is my interpretation of some basics of the Adam Caldwell/Adam Cord playbook.

I think for me right now, I'd like to do a better job of making "Standing Up" a constant/continuous process for that 30 seconds of a pass. It starts on the backside of the island and stops when I drop at the end of the lake.

axis definition - an imaginary line about which a body rotates...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds
Free business joomla templates