Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Fin Whisperer Fin ????

Fin Whisperer Fin ???? 1 month, 4 weeks ago #9740

Went to a ski event yesterday and a friend was skiing with the new fin designed by the Fin Whisperer Guy. He said that it helped keep his off side tip down and smeared the end of the turns better to get better cross course angle and reduce the hit at the end of the turn.

Checking to see if any of you guys know more about it.

Re: Fin Whisperer Fin ???? 1 month, 4 weeks ago #9741

• BudDavis
  • Today is a gift, so ski. No promise of more.
I really do not know anything, but I can tell you what I saw.

During the webcast of the Swiss Pro, I could see Whitney holding her ski with the Whisper fin on it. A week later during the webcast of the Masters, I saw Whitney run a beautiful 39. I never saw her fin during that web cast. It could have been the same fin or a different fin.

Wow, that sure was helpful.

Whitney first round at Swiss Pro.
youtu.be/a143d7Q3-gQ?t=3775

Re: Fin Whisperer Fin ???? 1 month, 4 weeks ago #9742

Have skied the Whisper Fin a lot and it is something special. I have never felt a quicker turn with more acceleration off the apex. And yes, Whitney has been on it for quite a while now. Her 39's have never looked better. So has her Brother and Neilley Ross, along with some of the Big Dawgs.

It is different in that you can only tune it in 2 dimensions, Depth and DFT. The diffuser slots have to remain level at all times. It works best with your bindings forward and then you keep moving the fin forward and shallower to adjust for Smear, till you get it right where you want it. If you go to far, believe me you will know it, then back it off a little. It took me about 10 sets to find the sweet spot for my D3 NRG. I had a friend in another part of the Country that had one on his EVO, and after 10 sets on his, we both ended up with the same exact settings. I would be glad to share them with anyone that wants to know.

Right now I am back on the CG Fin, which is not as sensitive, while I work on New technique to match the performance gains from the new ZO Plus System. After I iron that out I plan to switch back to the Whisper Fin. Be advised, it also makes a loud whisle behind you. We nick named it the "Whisler Fin."

Re: Fin Whisperer Fin ???? 1 month, 4 weeks ago #9744

Thank you Guys. That was what I was looking for. I moved my binding forward to get more tip in the water, but have lost the pressure on the back of the ski to create more smear action. I called it not finishing my turn which is turn. Hoping this is part of the reason and will help. May not help but could.

Re: Fin Whisperer Fin ???? 1 month, 2 weeks ago #9745

From experience the CG fin from Denali is a game changer for serious short line skiers.

Re: Fin Whisperer Fin ???? 1 month, 2 weeks ago #9749

I got the Whisper fin in and installed it on the 9900 midride last monday.

First pass the fin was way too lose and could not accelerate. Moved fin one line deeper and 1/2 are turn of the screw forward. Instant improvement. Better set at the end of the turn and flatter cross course pull. Ran my best pass of the year by 6 bouys by the second set.

Should continue to fine tune, but good results so far.

Re: Fin Whisperer Fin ???? 1 month, 1 week ago #9750

• BudDavis
  • Today is a gift, so ski. No promise of more.
That sounds great. I am eager to hear more.

I was told that last weekend at a record tournament, Todd Ristorcelli was on one (34mph skier) and Tommy Harrington was on one(30mph skier.)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds
Free business joomla templates