Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: CC 200 Alternator

CC 200 Alternator 7 months, 1 week ago #9708

• DW
I believe a few members on this site ski are proud owners of a CC 200. Question here is for my friends boat.
Alternator on his 200 appears to have malfunctioned - as we were using the boat to install course then ski, the dash indicated no charging, it basically read a high of 11.7 and dropped to 10 to where the boat would not start again. We pulled the alternator and I had him have it tested at a local starter shop, it puts out 16 volts so it appears the reluctor / regulator (new GM so I believe an internal regulator) is malfunctioning.
My question - since the dash and based on what was happening, the battery was not being charged as we were running and discharging the battery, does anybody know if there are either fuses or relays in the system to either stop an overcharge or fail due to excessive voltage. I poked around briefly and did not see any and I have not found a 2014 200 circuit diagram either. Thanks for any assistance.

Re: CC 200 Alternator 7 months, 1 week ago #9709

• BudDavis
  • Today is a gift, so ski. No promise of more.
Something recently went bad on my CC 200 alternator and stooped charging battery.
I had a shop remove and resolder that part on and all is good now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DW

Re: CC 200 Alternator 7 months, 1 week ago #9710

• DW
Thanks, do you know if the alternator was overcharging or not charging at all. Dash was reading no charge at all and the alternator test indicated it was putting out 16 volts, so two readings not aligned. Trying to understand if there is either a relay or fuse in the system to provide overcharge protection.

The shop wants $150 for a rebuild / repair on the offending alternator, seems a bit high for what sounds like a pretty simple repair.

Re: CC 200 Alternator 7 months, 1 week ago #9711

• BudDavis
  • Today is a gift, so ski. No promise of more.
Mine was not charging.
search youtube for changing out the voltage regulator. I think it might just solder on and might not be but 20 or 30 bucks.

Re: CC 200 Alternator 7 months, 1 week ago #9712

@DW I have seen 2 boats that blew the 100 amp fuse between the alternator and the starter where it connects to the battery cable. I would make sure you are getting battery voltage at the alternator without the engine running
The most important thing is to have fun.

Re: CC 200 Alternator 7 months ago #9715

• DW
Travis, thanks I assume a blown fuse still allows the boat to start simply disables the alternator from sending electrons over to the battery. Is the fuse near the starter or the alternator, its not my boat so I don't have easy access to poke around until I go help them.

Re: CC 200 Alternator 7 months ago #9717

DW mine were both near the starter but I am not sure that it is serviceable. Lucky for me I have done a few ZO retrofits and had an extra alternator cable laying around. It is a little black box that says 100 right on it. Never opened one to see what was inside. If I get to my boat tomorrow I will take a picture and post it.
The most important thing is to have fun.

Re: CC 200 Alternator 6 months, 4 weeks ago #9718

• DW
Travis, thanks. My buddy did an alternator swap and reported back it is not charging so I 'assumed' there must be a fuse somewhere. Thanks for letting me know where I can find it. Darn if it is a specific cable setup and not a simple fuse R & R.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds
Free business joomla templates