Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Overhead Drone Footage @35 off...

Overhead Drone Footage @35 off... 4 months, 3 weeks ago #9688

The following user(s) said Thank You: BudDavis, DW

Re: Overhead Drone Footage @35 off... 4 months, 3 weeks ago #9689

• BudDavis
  • Today is a gift, so ski. No promise of more.
Dan,
That first video is by far the very best overhead video I have ever seen.
The second one is great, but the glare prevented seeing some of the buoys.
Thank you so much for posting that video.

Re: Overhead Drone Footage @35 off... 4 months, 3 weeks ago #9690

• BudDavis
I added a boat view to your video Dan.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DW

Re: Overhead Drone Footage @35 off... 4 months, 3 weeks ago #9694

Cool videos guys. I enjoyed watching!
The most important thing is to have fun.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BudDavis

Re: Overhead Drone Footage @35 off... 4 months, 1 week ago #9698

The footage reveals how deceiving the perspective is from the boat. He appears to be leaning hard and taking tons of angle through the wakes from the boat. However the aerial footage reveals his angle is much less than one might imagine watching from the boat. It appears no more than 45 degrees to me.
It also seems from the boat perspective that he "comes up high on the boat". However the overhead view reveals he does not even make it up to the swim platform.
We hear skiers. Really good skiers all the time say to hold the handle to the bouy line? This reveals that Scott does not do that. Unless I am misunderstanding what the bouy line is. It's clear he releases the handle just over half way out to the "bouy line".

So my question is why do so many great skiers think they are doing these things?

I was told at ski school I needed to pull out farther and up on the boat more at my gates? And take MORE angle through the gates?? It does not appear to me that Scott is doing either of those things. In fact he appears to me to take less than 45 degrees through the gate to me. Just to my naked eye??

Just wonder what other skiers think? Also I cannot wait for Dan to film me this way!! I think it may be very revealing and hopefully helpful in learning.

Re: Overhead Drone Footage @35 off... 4 months, 1 week ago #9699

• BudDavis
I agree David, we as skiers of all levels, do not always do what we think we do and sometime do what we think we are not doing.

You are lucky to have Dan come video you. He is doing some of the best video I have ever seen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: david38off
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds
Free business joomla templates