Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Self adjusting buoys.

Self adjusting buoys. 2 months, 2 weeks ago #9624

• BudDavis
  • Today is a gift, so ski. No promise of more.
From the start on my slalom course, I have had some sort of stretchy material under my buoys that allowed the buoys to rise and lower just a little bit as the water level changed. However, that little bit was not enough to keep me from having to adjust the buoys. They were rarely the exact height. Rain and evaporation constantly changed my water level. So, they were usually a little high or a little low.

I have not finished, but I just converted the ten red buoys to completely self adjusting. They are working well, so I just ordered enough weight to do all sixteen boat guides.

I have an anchor with a rope to a sub-buoy. I had a bungee with an adjustable hook going up to the buoy. I have now removed the bungee and have a Gatorade bottle with lead inside. There is a rope loop coming out of the lid. I attached a 400lb Kevlar string to that and ran it up through the center of the sub-buoy. That string is attached to the buoy as shown below. I can now change buoys without knots or zip ties. The four pounds of lead keep my buoys at an exact height all the time now. My boat guides should float right using ten pounds of lead.

0902181746.jpg

0902181747.jpg

0902181747a.jpg

0902181748.jpg
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds
Free business joomla templates