Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: CC 200 Props

CC 200 Props 7 months, 1 week ago #9510

I recently discovered a huge improvement in the quality of Zero Pull by changing props on my CC200 6L. 409.
The boat originally came with a Acme 654. I was told at Nationals a couple years a go by a reputable Nautique tech, that I should change props for a much better pull and lower RPM's.
One of the Big Dawg Drivers had switched his boat to a Acme 422, that I skied behind, and it was a better pull. So I tried one behind my boat, and I found I could get much more lean. That led to a conversation with one of the most knowledgeable Nautique tech's, that said that an even more advanced prop was now available. That was the Acme 668. Basically a 422 with more cup. He stated it was a huge advancement in ZO pull quality and would lower RPM's by 200 at all speeds.
I purchased a new one, installed it, and WOW, what a difference. Gives you more time off the ball to get into your leveraged position. More lean, earlier at the ball, and a much smoother pull. I am no longer being harshly pulled up out of my lean by ZO. This is huge!!!
Just wanted to pass this on.

PS: I was also told that switching to the single puck on ZO with it's new program, was equally a much better pull. Hope to try that also.

Re: CC 200 Props 7 months, 1 week ago #9511

• BudDavis
  • Today is a gift, so ski. No promise of more.
Thank you for sharing that info Ed.

I cannot speak for the different props, but I can elaborate on the ZO antenna. There have been changes (improvements) in the single puck system since it originally came out.

I say this to warn skiers; if you ski behind a boat with a single puck and get a harsh pull, do not think Ed was wrong. Ed is probably talking about what is current now and I think he is right.

You might be unlucky and ski behind the first generation single puck system. I experienced that pull at a Big Dawg tournament in 2016 and did not ski at a level I had been skiing in practice. I felt it a few more times during 2017. I figured the best thing to do was to convert my boat (even though I did not like the new pull) so I could practice with what I would get in tournaments. Towards the end of 2017, I talked with Billy at ZO, Freddy Kruger and Chris Eller about converting. I was made aware that I was not the only one that was not a fan of the first single puck system’s pull. I was told they changed to a second generation single puck system to get a pull more like the feel of the two antenna system.

I decided to hold back on changing my boat until I can ski behind the new changes this year.

Re: CC 200 Props 7 months, 1 week ago #9512

Bud,
You are absolutely correct. First generation system was harsh. I am talking about the SECOND Generation. It was confirmed to me by a Nautique Tech who has installed 50 of the New 2nd Gen. System. He swears that once you ski behind it you will never want to go back to the old double antenna system again. He was absolutely correct about the props, so I believe he is right about the new system. In fact his advice was, if your going to ski tournaments this year, you will WANT this system.

Re: CC 200 Props 7 months, 1 week ago #9513

• DW
Are there more specifics relative to application dates on the props / ZO pucks to the CC 200 pull quality? My buddy struggles behind his and I want to give him some advice (and it may come down to choosing one rather than doing both changes).

Re: CC 200 Props 7 months, 1 week ago #9514

DW,
This is the choice I had and decided to go with the 668 Prop..It has 2 benefits immediately, #1 Better pull from ZO, not as harsh as the 654 was, 2nd Lower RPM, which is easier on the engine and burns less fuel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DW

Re: CC 200 Props 7 months, 1 week ago #9515

• BudDavis
DW,

What was your friend skiing behind before the CC200?

If your friend is like I was switching from Perfect Pass to Zero Off, it will take time. It did for me anyway.

What version ZO is on his boat? Engine? Prop?

Does he struggle behind other boats with ZO?

Re: CC 200 Props 7 months ago #9516

• DW
Bud,

His previous vessel was a CC196 w/ PP classic. He has been behind his 2014 CC200 for 2 seasons and still is struggling with it although there have been some driver changes that might be compounding the issue. I believe it was a southern promo boat.

I believe he does have the latest ZO version but I don't know on the puck setup. I will have to check the other items I don't know which prop (I would assume what the '14 came with) and I recall the engine being the basic PCM 5.7. We also scrolled through and tried various letter / number combinations.

Re: CC 200 Props 7 months ago #9517

• BudDavis
Can you encourage him to post a video of his skiing. I think we can help him.

Many people going from PP to ZO will struggle because of trying to pull the boat down while weighting their back foot.

For now, I would suggest him not searching for and analyzing a bunch of different settings. If ZO is current, it should default to B2 when powered up, so just leave it there and do not even think about what it feels like. Just work on a body position that keeps him vertical above his front foot, and does not lean against the boat.

This is Eds thread on boats, so do not let me change directions. We should start a new thread if there are any post about my last paragraph.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DW
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds
Free business joomla templates