Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Rule change for Speed and points.

Rule change for Speed and points. 1 year ago #9423

Several people have differing options of this. I like the new rules. I ski much easier a 32 MPH than my top speed of 34. I am a 3 or 4 ball at 28 off skier But at 32 mph I am a 3 or 4 ball 32 off skier. Same points but more fun!!!!! The extra fraction of a second allows me to better "set the ski" and finish the turn in a solid stacked pull position in pointing in the right direction.

Of course the best option is to ski slower and get used the new line length then go back up on the speed to get the extra points. I am on a 63.5 " Goode midride and it just " feels better at 32mph. I am on the stock fin setting for their "slot caliper". Is there a fin setting or direction that help the ski finish the turn better?

Love it when the ski settles in from the preturn , slows down, casts out, then shots back in for the pull.

Re: Rule change for Speed and points. 1 year ago #9424

• BudDavis
  • Today is a gift, so ski. No promise of more.
Chris,
I agree with everything you said.

From what I hear, some people that do not like the zero based scoring, are people that have been in the sport a very long time, and they never got credit for the line lengths until they reached their max speed, so they may feel; why should anybody else.

I think it will encourage more people to ski, so that seems to be a good thing. Our sport needs anything it can do, to get more people excited and involved.

You said: "Love it when the ski settles in from the preturn , slows down, casts out, then shots back in for the pull."
My suggestion is to video every pass and see what you did to make the ski feel that way. Then work on that and create muscle memory with that technique. If you feel it sometimes and do not other times, then it probably is not a fin setting issue.

Re: Rule change for Speed and points. 1 year ago #9425

Tuesday went out to the lake after moving the bindings forward one notch. Was a little apprehensive about being pulled forward. But since my problem seems to be tail riding when I tense up or get behind. Did a couple nice clean sets and then went back up to 34 miles an hour. Was impressed how much higher the ski was on top of the water compared to 32 miles an hour. Will evaluate more this evening

Re: Rule change for Speed and points. 1 year ago #9429

lucky days are here. Just finished the Missouri state waterski championship Saturday. Of course it was fun as any of the well hosted in good weather events are, but more importantly for me personally. Is the fact that up for grabs was a men's 6 state slalom record. We had 3 people in our division and to office actually broke the record. The first guy surpass the original 11-year-old record by half a buoy and then I luckily pass that by another 4 1/2. So one of the benefits of living out in the middle of nowhere is even a category 6 skier get on occasion set new state records. So it was fun to ski well. Win the championship and set a new state record.
Fullscreencapture717201763105PM.bmp.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: TravisTorley

Re: Rule change for Speed and points. 1 year ago #9430

• BudDavis
Congratulations Chris. That is absolutely awesome.

Re: Rule change for Speed and points. 11 months, 1 week ago #9460

What speed changes are you talking about? Did AWSA change speeds for the different age groups?

Re: Rule change for Speed and points. 11 months, 1 week ago #9461

• BudDavis
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds
Free business joomla templates