Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Pro lock gloves

Re: Pro lock gloves 1 year, 4 months ago #9169

I am only 5'5" and 150 pounds and wear a large. So it may be a matter of Check with them. When wet the gloves do stretch, but don't know enough to guess about your situation. I like the Goode gloves better than any of the others and have couple pair of Master lines and Radar with low wear and Several Masterlines with worn index finger that I have replaced for competitions but used for practice. We have colder water up here and that is actually easier on the hands than warm water. I very seldom have hand problems even skiing 2 to 3 sets if I use the straps correctly. I am an ex Gymnast so we used these type on the high bar and rings ALL the time. Just had to keep the callouses shaved down not to rip out where we form blisters now.

Re: Pro lock gloves 1 year, 4 months ago #9170

• AB
The Vice gloves are sold.
AB

Re: Pro lock gloves 9 months, 1 week ago #9370

• BudDavis
  • Today is a gift, so ski. No promise of more.
If anyone is interested, I can post a modification that will add more gripping and locking capabilities to your favorite gloves you are already using.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AB, DW

Re: Pro lock gloves 8 months, 2 weeks ago #9390

• AB
I am having a hard time finding a lock glove that has a long enough strap from wrist to end of finger.
I bought Radar L, XL, and XXL last year and had to send them all back. The palm strap was only 5.75" on all 3 sizes, which makes no sense to me. I have an original pair of Radar L that I squeeze into when wet, and the strap measures 6.5". This gives me the ability to open my hand about 3/4 way, so I can let go when I need to, and when clamped on the handle, it locks in real mice. This pair is getting shredded and I have patches on patches. The new Radar I have been told is running about 6", so better, but still not perfect.

Masterlines were all short as well. I don't have monster hands, in fact, the width of my hands are usually the issue.

Do I need to make gloves too, along with a life jacket with closed cell foam like my aging Straightline jacket??

Re: Pro lock gloves 8 months, 2 weeks ago #9391

• BudDavis
I think Masterline will make it the length you specify.
Have you asked them yet?

Re: Pro lock gloves 7 months, 4 weeks ago #9410

• AB
I have pulled teeth trying to find a 6.5" strap. All are too short.

I found a few pair of the old Radar XL in black and white, which run around 7", so I bought a pair to see if I can shorten the strap a little.

The new Masterlines all have the same length strap, which makes no sense to me.
The new Radar gloves go up with size, but the XXL has only a 6" strap, which is likely not going to let me open my hand enough. Don't want to spend $70+ for something that likely won't work.

Re: Pro lock gloves 7 months, 4 weeks ago #9412

• BudDavis
AB,
Here is a pic of how I shortened some Masterline Prolock glove straps.
I folded the amount I needed to shorten and sewed it with Spider wire fishing line.

MLGlovestrap.jpg

Re: Pro lock gloves 7 months, 3 weeks ago #9413

• AB
Does that ever catch on the handle?

I thought about doing something like that, but didn't know if it would be a sticking point on the handle.

Re: Pro lock gloves 7 months, 3 weeks ago #9416

• BudDavis
Never been a problem.

Re: Pro lock gloves 5 months, 3 weeks ago #9448

I used the Vice gloves for a season but have since weaned myself off them. I think they created more elbow issues than they solved.

Re: Pro lock gloves 5 months, 3 weeks ago #9449

• BudDavis
Some things that can go wrong with any center strap style glove to make it loose its effectiveness.

1) The straps could be slippery. The new straps should be washed with something like Dawn to release any oils from manufacturing.
2) The straps could not grip as well from too smooth of a texture. The new straps should be slightly sanded with rough sandpaper.
3) The straps could be too long rendering them less effective.
4) The wrist wrap straps have to be tight enough to transfer the pull to the bone.

Once all of the above are done, the skier should be able to hold the handle with a somewhat relaxed grip and relieve the stress on their tendons.

Re: Pro lock gloves 5 months ago #9466

While that is somewhat correct the load does not vanish, it has to go somewhere and in my case it damaged the nerves in my wrist and I lost some feeling in my hand for about 4 months. I like the concept but load is load...

Re: Pro lock gloves 5 months ago #9467

Craig , if the pressure squeezing your wrist is causing nerve entrapment to the point where it causes months of damage, then find a good chiropractor that does extremity work to loosen up the ends of the lower arm bones and the in the wrist bones to allow for more free motion. When my chiropractor checks out by wrists. One of the movie does is to squeeze the end of the bones together checking for compression problems in that region. If there is, he adjusts it and the problem is resolved. Also, from time to time, the pressures transferred to the radial head on the outer elbow giving problems with rotating the forearm. Again, loosening up the rotation at that point helps dramatically.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CraigAitken
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds
Free business joomla templates