Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Pro lock gloves

Pro lock gloves 5 years, 5 months ago #2215

Anyone have a link to a favorite pro shop who carries the pro lock clincher type gloves? They seem to be sold out in the large at many of the shops.

Re: Pro lock gloves 5 years, 5 months ago #2217

• BudDavis
  • Today is a gift, so ski. No promise of more.
Try clicking on the ads around the pages. The ads rotate, so you might find different ads with each page refresh.

Re: Pro lock gloves 5 years, 5 months ago #2222

I love the Pro Lock Gloves. I've been skiing with them for about 5 years and never have had a problem with them. Try performance ski and surf,....but a warning, they are sold out quite a bit too!!!

Re: Pro lock gloves 5 years, 5 months ago #2231

• AB
There has been some discussion that the Radar glove is better made than the Masterline.

I use Masterline locks off and on due to some finger issues, and was using to take some stress off my elbow, but a hangup tweaked my elbow pretty hard, so thought best to use regular gloves until the elbow is better.

By far, the best gloves I ever used were Hyperlite Motogloves. They had some sort of Amara that looked a little shiney, but they stuck to the handle like glue. Unfortunately, they stopped making them and I only have one ratty looking pair, and they are still better than any other glove I have...

Re: Pro lock gloves 5 years, 5 months ago #2233

I was wondering about possible hang ups,...I mainly wanted to use them for land training to save forearms as I am often sore from climbing overhanging routes followed by ski days. I will check out the sites mentioned.

Re: Pro lock gloves 5 years, 5 months ago #2235

I have even used my pro-locks on back days in the gym, and also for dead lifts.

I always use the Straight Line Palm protectors under my ProLock gloves for extra protection from torn callouses. I wear two pair of palm protectors on each hand for extra protection.

www.slsports.com/gloves-palm-protector.html

I also have two sets of gloves and palm protectors, so I am always putting on a dry pair each set.

When at Okee, I always take two sets per day everyday (sometimes 3), so having the extra protection is needed.

Re: Pro lock gloves 5 years, 5 months ago #2241

• AB
Robert, try using thin rubber from an inner tube for palm guards. Great combo as I think the rubber works better than thin neopreme. Works better with 4 finger holes too. I can trace one of mine for a template and send to you.

I think a guy was sellimg pro locks on Ski it Again. Any size.

I bought Masterline Locks Direct from ML.

Re: Pro lock gloves 5 years, 5 months ago #2242

• AB
www.getagripwatersports.com/collections/gloves

Looks like they have both Radar and ML locks.

Re: Pro lock gloves 5 years, 5 months ago #2244

My favorite place to purchase Masterline stuff

www.lakesatcottonwood.com/Cottonwood%20Shop.htm

Re: Pro lock gloves 5 years, 5 months ago #2249

• BudDavis
cragginshred, you said “I was wondering about possible hang ups…”

Why would you think that could happen? See video.

Ed Johnson told me a trick to help prevent that, which is removing the dowel. The gloves will still grip without the dowel.

I like the extra holding power with the dowel, but a curved handle eliminates the little corner where my dowel got stuck that time.

This is the handle I use.

100_0090.JPG

Re: Pro lock gloves 5 years, 5 months ago #2274

AB wrote:
Robert, try using thin rubber from an inner tube for palm guards. Great combo as I think the rubber works better than thin neopreme. Works better with 4 finger holes too. I can trace one of mine for a template and send to you.

AB,...I'd like that template for sure! thanks!

Hey Bud,...that was another cool crash!!! That spin out was EPIC! Way to go!!!

Re: Pro lock gloves 5 years, 5 months ago #2276

• AB
Here is a scan, not sure how it is going to come through...

It is on 8.5x11 paper, so if you can zoom it out to that size and print, it might work.
You get the idea or the concept though. Trial and error on size for your hand.
If it doesn't work, shoot me your address and I will mail a copy of it.

You really can't beat them if you wear Clincher type gloves.
Attachments:

Re: Pro lock gloves 5 years, 5 months ago #2314

Got it!!!! Thanks, I will give it a try.

The clincher/pro locks are great because you can wear layers of palm/callous protectors under them with out a problem.

Also when it is very cold, you can easily wear heavy duty dishwashing type gloves under them for better warm and insulation.

ProLocks/Clinchers are awesome!

I first tried them when I was at Jack Travers ski school back in O7. His son Jon was using them and Jack said, "if there legal,...(which they are) ....then use em'". That was enough for me to try em' and I have used em ever since!!!!

Re: Pro lock gloves 5 years, 5 months ago #2321

Robert have they ever Not released in a fall situation?

Re: Pro lock gloves 5 years, 5 months ago #2330

I have never had them not release. Just be sure to get your correct size. If you happen to get a size slightly too big for you, that may cause a problem. IF they are too big for you and you open you hand, they may not release as quickly.

If they are fitted to your hand well, they will release very easily. If you're concerned, you could always take out the dowel as Bud suggested.

Re: Pro lock gloves 5 years, 5 months ago #2331

• AB
I have always thought that they are the correct size if you cannot straighten your fingers all the way.

Is this true?

Re: Pro lock gloves 5 years, 5 months ago #2334

Exactly AB! Great point! If you can extend you fingers all the way, then the gloves are too big for you, and the handle may not release properly.

If you have a proper fit, you should only be able to open your hand just past the half way position.

AB, I'm glad that you mentioned that!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: AB

Re: Pro lock gloves 5 years, 5 months ago #2336

• BudDavis
The last pair I got were the same size as a previous pair, but the straps were much longer and did not take the load. I called Masterline, and there were very generous to offer to adjust the length if I sent them back. It was easier for me to shorten them myself. I used the dimensions from the previous pair and sewed them with Kevlar Spider Wire (fishing line) and they are great now.

Re: Pro lock gloves 5 years, 5 months ago #2344

• AB
A long time user of Clinchers showed me how to glue down the tip by the fingers to shorten them up. He just used a good all around general glue and then put weight on them or even has closed them in a door to make sure it was a good tight bond. He did this to a pair of XL for me, as the L fit perfect, but XL was just a tad too long. They worked fine, just wore the gloves out, the suede amara didn't hold up that well on Clinchers.

Re: Pro lock gloves 5 years, 5 months ago #2347

I really like the straightline palm liners in my Pro Locks. I will try the rubber tubing also.

The only problem that I have with the Pro Locks is that I tend to tighten the wrist straps so tight that it tears into my skin on my wrist, especially when the water gets very warm. I even get scabs and callouses. However, the clinchers tore into my wrists much more than the ProLocks!

In the spring and fall its not a problem because I pull my neoprene sleeves down far enough that the wrist straps then fit over the neoprene sleeve.

I just thought that everyone would want to know my little dilema!!!! hahaha

Re: Pro lock gloves 5 years, 5 months ago #2356

• AB
Duct tape!

Re: Pro lock gloves 5 years, 4 months ago #2365

You are genius AB!!!! It's funny,...I never thought of that!!! Seriously,...that is one of the very best tips that I have EVER gotten off a water ski forum that can really help me with an issue that I am having with my equipment!!!! Hip Hip Hooray!!!!

To be honest,.....I'd even wear my long sleeve neoprene tops in warmer weather because of the extra protection on the wrists.

Re: Pro lock gloves 5 years, 4 months ago #2367

• AB
It comes Ina variety of colors and patterns.

www.duckbrand.com/Products/duck-tape/color-duck-tape.aspx

Re: Pro lock gloves 5 years, 4 months ago #2370

AB wrote:
It comes Ina variety of colors and patterns.

www.duckbrand.com/Products/duck-tape/color-duck-tape.aspx

I'm sooooooo thankful that it comes in so many different colors!!!! Gotta be color coordinated at one particular place that I ski!!!

When skiing down at Okee, at don't know if its a "fashion show" or a ski club at times!!!! hahahaa
The following user(s) said Thank You: AB

Re: Pro lock gloves 1 year, 4 months ago #9161

What size. I have a brand new pair of XL that I would like to sell. Never been used.

Re: Pro lock gloves 1 year, 4 months ago #9162

• AB
I have two pairs of Radar Vice XL that are new and not used. They are too small for me.
They have the gray knuckle pads on them, not white, which is older and bigger fit.

If you have an interest, let me know.

Re: Pro lock gloves 1 year, 4 months ago #9163

Shape of the hands make a difference. I have short wide palms and like the Masterlines better than the Radars. The only non releases happen if the dowel drags over to the edge of the handle and catches where the rope and handle meet. I try NOT to hold on at either end of the handle for that reason.

I personally like the Goode Brand the best so far. They Strap on easily. Are lots thicker so the fingers done wear off and more padding for the hands. They are $100 per pair, but I have used them all year with NO signs of wear. By now with the Masterlines, my index finger would be sticking out of a slit in the side of the glove. But in all honesty I get a good solid year out of the Masterlines with some light stitching work.

Re: Pro lock gloves 1 year, 4 months ago #9166

• AB
I have two pairs of XL with the gray knuckles never used. they are too small for me. Make me an offer

Re: Pro lock gloves 1 year, 4 months ago #9167

• AB
I have 2 pairs of Radar Vice gloves, size XL with gray knuckle pads, so the newer smaller version compared to the white knuckle gloves.
They don't fit me, so never used. I opened them too late, assuming they fit like usual, so now need to sell.

I would probably let go for $60, so like a BOGO sale. You pay freight.
AB

Sorry for the multiple posts. I didn't realize it was posting at the bottom of the thread. Seems like it should have posted on top of Crag's post???

Re: Pro lock gloves 1 year, 4 months ago #9168

• AB
How does the Goode PRo Lock sizes run? I think I tried an XL before and couldn't get my hand in them. Probably a few years ago.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.60 seconds
Free business joomla templates