Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: slow wake crossings

slow wake crossings 3 weeks, 6 days ago #9643

Why are my offside wake crossings so slow?
Coach3

Re: slow wake crossings 3 weeks, 6 days ago #9644

[attachment:1]IMG_0170 (1).m4v[/attachment]
Coach3

Re: slow wake crossings 3 weeks, 5 days ago #9645

My guess without seeing you ski is that you are not properly stacked. Tie a handle off to something and stand with your feet 90 degrees to the anchor point. Get your hips square to the anchor point and then shift your weight forward using you ankle flex. You can feel how easy it is with the onside pull. Then switch your feet to the other direction and you will feel how much harder it is to duplicate. Another thing to play with is your grip. I am left foot forward and used to ski left palm up. My offside pull improved a great deal when I switch to right palm up. I think it helps translate the load a little better to both arms.
The most important thing is to have fun.

Re: slow wake crossings 3 weeks, 5 days ago #9646

• BudDavis
  • Today is a gift, so ski. No promise of more.
Chris, Can you upload your videos to YouTube and then paste the URL here?

Re: slow wake crossings 3 weeks, 4 days ago #9647

Coach3

Re: slow wake crossings 3 weeks, 4 days ago #9648

My wake crossings just get slower after each buoy, especially weak side pull (1-2). If things aren't perfect, I can't catch up or add energy back. You all seem to be able to mess up a turn, and get back in it at very short line. This is just 32 off.
Coach3

Re: slow wake crossings 3 weeks, 4 days ago #9649

• BudDavis
  • Today is a gift, so ski. No promise of more.
It is not "just" 32 off. It is: Wow, 32 off!

It seems that you are trying to get to the buoys, which puts you later and later as you move down the course.

You are skiing very well. From what I see, I would suggest you stop trying to get to the buoys and start visualizing yourself at an early wide target.

Try that and post another video.

Re: slow wake crossings 3 weeks, 3 days ago #9650

Has this always been an issue? What settings are you running on the Connelly?
The most important thing is to have fun.

Re: slow wake crossings 3 weeks, 1 day ago #9651

yea, I can slow down the fastest ski. seems to be progressively later no matter what i do.
Coach3

Re: slow wake crossings 2 weeks, 3 days ago #9652

To me it looks a bit like you're loading too hard and early at the gate turn in, pulling with your arms. You are back on your ski as a result of the increased load and a bit narrow at 1 because your direction is lost off the 2nd wake and being back on the ski. You are then jumping on the front to turn and at that point you are behind the boats pull, not with it.

Try to load more gently and progressively through the gate and keep that good body position you have at the start, all the way through the pull and out around the buoy.

Be efficient with your movements, eg limit how much you move your upper body especially.

To maintain that good direction you just achieved with the more progressive lean, is keep your upper body super still/strong and hold the pull a little longer with elbows in (you do this well already) to get max width. Like bud says ski to an earlier but also a wider point.

Slow reach, hold that strong body position and ski back to the handle with your hip, resisting reaching back for it until the ski comes back under the rope

If you watch the best skiers they are super still with their upper body and don't load the rope hardly at all.

If your driver can tell you where he feels the load, that could be helpful for your timing. Try it and let us know what's up.

Running 32 like that, you can run 35 easy if you work on this IMO.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Coach3
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds
Free business joomla templates