Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Wade Havnaer

Wade Havnaer 1 year, 4 months ago #9062

Need some advice for my 14 yr old son, his skiing has outpaced my coaching ability. He is getting through 28 off but struggling at 32 off

Re: Wade Havnaer 1 year, 4 months ago #9063

youtu.be/1GMrCTVHMJs
Here is link to video hope this works

Re: Wade Havnaer 1 year, 4 months ago #9064

• BudDavis
  • Today is a gift, so ski. No promise of more.
It is very hard for me to make anything out with the distortion in that video. Could you post another one please. I think the engine vibration through the pylon is messing with your phone. Try to get someone to hold it by hand.

I would suggest to him to mentally project himself to an earlier target. If a skier thinks about getting just to the buoys, they often ski narrow.

Tell him it is sort of like shooting a free throw in basketball. We do not throw the ball straight at the basket. We throw it up into an arc to fall into the basket. The same idea makes for a more successful slalom run. We want to make an arc before the buoy. That should be done on the inside edge of the ski. Which means, we have to get good acceleration into the wake so we can cast the ski into that wide early arc.

I look forward to another more clear video.

Re: Wade Havnaer 1 year, 4 months ago #9065

• AB
Very consistent skier!

I would have him drop his lead hip down to the water more trying to get the gap between his hip/thigh and handle to a couple inches behind the boat. He tends to stand up a little soon at the wakes, so doesn't get as much runout and width as he could.

Elbows glued to the sides of the vest, lean away (not back) and aim to get the handle to touch the hip. Could start a little wider also..

Good skiing none the less!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds
Free business joomla templates