Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 20 Years of Free Skiing to 2nd Summer on the Cours

20 Years of Free Skiing to 2nd Summer on the Cours 1 year, 5 months ago #8997

I've been working my way up from 30 MPH where I'm consistently running the course at 22 off and now moving up to 32 MPH.

Looking for any coaching or tips to go shorter.

Here's my latest video which I think is the best form I've had.

vimeo.com/171236404

Re: 20 Years of Free Skiing to 2nd Summer on the Cours 1 year, 5 months ago #8998

First off. Looking pretty good. I am more on your level but with more years of ski schools.

everyone has different ideas. I am only a 28 to 32 off skier so not in the ball park with many in here. But I do notice things that the good guys tell me of ways to improve.

First.start the turn in for your gate with a smooth transition onto the front of the ski ( balanced) instead of rocking backwards onto the tail. Gives a cleaner and stronger turn in.

Second hold your pull a little longer. people argue over how long and when to stop pulling but at our level longer than you are is better. Hold your out bound direction longer which has the effect of the ski shooting out wider and being more on edge. This will be more and more important as the speed goes up and the line gets shorter. ( plus it is really cool feeling.) Not doing this is why we all end up getting later and later as the course progresses.

Evaluate and see if that helps.

Re: 20 Years of Free Skiing to 2nd Summer on the Cours 1 year, 5 months ago #8999

• BudDavis
  • Today is a gift, so ski. No promise of more.
I agree with Chris.

I would like to add to build into center line to generate more cross course speed.

Then as Chris said to make sure you carry your out bound direction.

What else does anyone suggest.

Re: 20 Years of Free Skiing to 2nd Summer on the Cours 1 year, 5 months ago #9000

Again a good bit of debate due to different styles. At our longer lines and slower speeds the max pull should most likely have your max pull between white wash and white wash. You get a nice pull off the ball, but allow yourself to be pulled up off of your edge before the wake. I have found for me that I do better with B1 setting due to the less pull from the boat allows ME to stay low in my pull longer without the over compensation after the second wake where I lose too much outbound direction.

I was complaining about being sore between the shoulder blades, when a friend said What? Why there? Then explained to me the the pull if you are really leaning and pulling should be up in the TRAPS area not in the mid back area. Changed my whole concept of my pull. I can do 35 to 40 + pull ups per set, but the hit I was taking at 28 off after skiing flat to the ball was killing me. So if you are sore mainly in the middle back your arms are too far away from the body and the pull is not at optimum.

Also think of the ball as the point that limits your return back to the wake. You should normally be already turned and headed back to the wake when you pass the ball. NOT turning AT the ball!!!!Helps keep you earlier in the course so if you have screw up, you just go back to your normal and still don't have to scrabble too much.

Re: 20 Years of Free Skiing to 2nd Summer on the Cours 1 year, 5 months ago #9005

• BudDavis
  • Today is a gift, so ski. No promise of more.
One more thing Benji. thy to get you video operator to hold the phone sideways next time. It should be easier for them to video and make a better video.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds
Free business joomla templates