Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 12m progress

12m progress 2 years, 4 months ago #8331

Hi - I have, like everyone else, been changing a few things to hopefully try and get a bit further down the line.
Last week we had Freddie Winter visit us for a days coaching. Very knowledgable and approachable guy - I would highly recommend you taking a set of two with him if the opportunity arises.
The video attached is of a 13m and a 12m where I was working on the advice he gave me:
He spotted that I was holding on too long with both hands on my way out to the bouy (something I was pleased he noticed because I had previously been coached to do by an ex-world No1 - I was glad that I had managed to achieve it!).
So his advice was to let go earlier by concentrating on the direction of my chest (easy to see when watching video). The idea being that from mid wake to bouy the chest keeps going out to shore. The release of the hand is in time to keep the chest moving out.
It's then a matter of keeping the chest up and everything going to shore, before coming back in with a tight line.
I think the results are good - no slack, connecting with the boat just before the white water and good sharps acceleration - effectively 6 x starts.

What do you think?.

youtu.be/0IE9awXhSWk

youtu.be/IGGUnuzE-v4
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bill Gladding

Re: 12m progress 2 years, 4 months ago #8332

• BudDavis
  • Today is a gift, so ski. No promise of more.
Very awesome skiing! That 35off/12m looks like a warm up pass for you.

Maybe you should be coaching Freddie. You are a great skier.

Re: 12m progress 2 years, 4 months ago #8333

Thanks for the kind words Bud but definitely not a great skier - every now and then it all comes together and I get 12. The wheels come off round 2@11
Wish 12 was a warm up pass!

Re: 12m progress 2 years, 4 months ago #8334

• BudDavis
  • Today is a gift, so ski. No promise of more.
Kevin,
Convince yourself it is just another 12m pass and ski it the same way you ski your 12m pass.
Most people will ramp it up at 11.25m and get too much speed to handle at the buoy.
Ski the proper technique one buoy at a time and do not try to run the whole pass as you shoot through the gate.

Let us know how that works for you.

Re: 12m progress 2 years, 4 months ago #8335

DITO on exactly what Bud said !!!

Re: 12m progress 2 years, 4 months ago #8336

• AB
Great skiing.
38 is just resist getting pulled up by the boat and then trust you have done enough work to get the ski outside the buoy line.
I would also argue more 38's are missed from doing too much work for too long. Need to get it done and then get off it!

Re: 12m progress 2 years, 4 months ago #8340

Thanks guys - 3@11 off the dock tonight - trying to Trick myself to thinking it's still 12m!
Starting to feel it's actually possible, which is a step forward.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds
Free business joomla templates