Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 39.5off/10.75m with too much slack.

39.5off/10.75m with too much slack. 2 years, 5 months ago #8045

• BudDavis
  • Today is a gift, so ski. No promise of more.
How do I get rid of this slack?

Re: 39.5off/10.75m with too much slack. 2 years, 5 months ago #8047

Hi Bud - really interesting. I am probably going to get shot down here (and please feel free to do the shooting) but I don't think you can.
What I mean is that your are running 10.75!! Consistently!! (I wish)
To get there has taken you years and years of developing muscle memory and course awareness.
You have a technique that works for you. It may not be as pretty as you want but it works.
If you want to get rid of the slack you will need a different technique, which will involve changing fundamentals rather than just tweaking. I have never seen anyone change an ingrained technique without reducing performance dramatically - are you really willing to go back to barely getting through 14 and 13m?
The following user(s) said Thank You: BudDavis

Re: 39.5off/10.75m with too much slack. 2 years, 5 months ago #8048

The slack is a result of just slightly too much speed into the apex...You have the hard part down, which is allowing the ski to finish the turn, falling into your stack before ZO knows your there, and dropping into a forward stacked position to gain angle and accelerate, to create outbound momentum.

First, at 39 you could be up just a little further on the boat at the start..I look for the strap on my Bimini in the Video...Next, just a very slightly, earlier, edge change, with a release from the boat as you extend outbound, to let the ski carry out more..This will go against your subconscious that doesn't believe you will make it to the buoy..It takes a lot of faith to believe the ski will carry out to the apex and get around the buoy. It will, but if your looking at the buoy to early, your sub will tell you it won't.

Back it off a little to be slower at the apex, nothing else has to change..I just went through this exact same thing coaching my ski partner who is now running his 38's and working on 39's.

Re: 39.5off/10.75m with too much slack. 2 years, 5 months ago #8049

Have to agree with ed. The only thing I could see different in you split screen videos and this one was your gate shot. Might try being up on the boat a bit more. We are talking 39 here so a little goes a long way. Take my advice with a grain of salt. I haven't ever been to that level.
The most important thing is to have fun.

Re: 39.5off/10.75m with too much slack. 2 years, 5 months ago #8050

• LEE
  • So, your sayin' there's a chance!
The slack looks similar to someone who just started on say; -32 after getting real cozy with -28. EXCEPT, you Run the entire pass instead of only 2-3 balls! (again this says more about your true abilities then the 6 Balls!)

I believe your Turn in is not near as wide/high on the Boat as the 2-4-6 Balls during the pass. (I marked your turn in point with my finger and this would appear to be the fact. The rope placement on the gunnel is totally whack and impossible to judge with all the slack...)

I don't believe you need to go out and try to execute 2 or 3 things differently to get your desired results. A better timed and Wider (Higher on the Boat) Gate shot will probably allow you the cross course angle and EARLY speed necessary to change a crisper edge, with a flowing outbound path while not running as straight/flat and fast (watch the water breaking off the ski) into the 1 Ball and the rest of the pass will follow suit.

Gate/1Ball is your key.

I sure wish I had your problems! Great job Man!!!

Re: 39.5off/10.75m with too much slack. 2 years, 5 months ago #8052

• BudDavis
  • Today is a gift, so ski. No promise of more.
I thank all of you for the great advice.

I do not think I would say I am consistent. I tell myself I will run it, but I can easily prove myself wrong.

The Radar Vapor is truly incredible. There is no doubt that it is the best ski I have ever ridden. It is quick from side to side without working hard. It is stable. It turns as well as you could ever want. To me, it is not fin sensitive or binding sensitive. It skis just as well with different settings I have been asked to try.

I can make some pretty bad blunders and the ski quickly gets me right back in the game.

I have skied it at slow long lines to show skiers skiing at those speeds and line lengths what to do, and it works well there also.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds
Free business joomla templates