Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: My second 39.5off/10.75m pass.

My second 39.5off/10.75m pass. 3 years, 1 month ago #6692

• BudDavis
  • Today is a gift, so ski. No promise of more.
A big thank you to Mike for pulling me today.

We had a sun issue. With the wind blowing and no cloud cover, the water sparkled so brightly, that seeing the 2, 4, 6 bouys was next to impossible in one direction. I missed my first 38off into the sun, so I came back with the tail wind 38, no sun. I then went back to 32 into the sun. Next, another 38 tail, no sun. I wanted to see if I could just get a good gate and #1 at 39, knowing I could not see the other side of the course. Mike told me to just act like I could see the #2 buoy and just turn. I did, and was surprised to see #3 in my sights. Well as Paul Harvey says: Here is the rest of the story. (See video below.)

By the way, I removed the pink 41off loop because I am using an old jump switch rope with a carabiner. It allows the driver to more easily change the rope and shows the rope color better to the video camera. So, in watching the video, you will notice the pink pigtail on the 43off/9.75m loop which is now 41off/10.25m.

Re: My second 39.5off/10.75m pass. 3 years, 1 month ago #6694

• AB
Looks like you are skiing it well.
Would like to see some at the next loop!

Re: My second 39.5off/10.75m pass. 3 years, 1 month ago #6695

• BudDavis
  • Today is a gift, so ski. No promise of more.
AB,
I think I was just skiing lucky that pass. I have been skiing sloppy lately and missing some 38s. For the past few days I have typically run two and missed one. It has been a while since I have felt comfortable throughout a full 38off pass. I might feel good for the first half and the the rest is just survival mode. And sometimes it is survival mode from start to finish.

I did not cut after that 39. I just got in the boat before I sank with my big head.

BTW, here is a picture of what I am using after taking out the 41off loop. It offers a small amount of recoil protection, but I really like seeing more rope in the videos so I know what loop I am on.

Switchrope.PNG
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds
Free business joomla templates