Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: I was told Dave Goode Died Today.

I was told Dave Goode Died Today. 4 months, 3 weeks ago #9857

• BudDavis
  • Today is a gift, so ski. No promise of more.

Re: I was told Dave Goode Died Today. 4 months, 3 weeks ago #9858

Just got the email. Sad day for skiing. Huge loss
The most important thing is to have fun.

Re: I was told Dave Goode Died Today. 4 months, 3 weeks ago #9859

What a tragic loss, I'm still in shock! Dave Goode was a true innovator and his support of water skiing was a example for others to follow. My thoughts and prayers go out to Dawn and the rest of the Goode family, also the many employees who have lost their leader. Living in Utah I saw first hand his involvement in the sport and was able to talk to him on many occasions about the sport we both love. Reading and listening to all of the news reports here in Utah about the crash it is obvious that the crash was some type of mechanical or engine failure and not pilot error. RIP Dave Goode!

Official news release from Goode Ski Technologies.
dg11520b

It is with a heavy heart that GOODE Skis announces the passing of its founder and president, Dave Goode.

Dave, 64, died Wednesday while taking part in one of his many passions, piloting his airplane.

Through his numerous technological advancements in both water skiing and snow skiing, and financial support of countless events and athletes in both sports, Dave touched the lives of thousands of people by helping them, and the sports they love, push the limits of performance.

A 2014 USA Water Ski Hall of Fame Award of Distinction recipient and member of the Michigan Water Ski Hall of Fame, Dave was an accomplished international competitor in both sports, recently winning the downhill event at the U.S. Ski & Snowboard Alpine Masters National Speed Series and earning a bronze medal in trick skiing at the Pan American Senior Water Ski Championships.

Dave leaves behind his beloved wife Dawn, parents Paul and Mimi, children Michael Goode, Lisa Goode McHugh (John), Whitney Hebard Felkl (Hans), Gregory Hebard (Adrianna), and granddaughters Maple Julia McHugh and Sunny Elizabeth Hebard.
Scot Chipman, President Utah Water Ski Club

Re: I was told Dave Goode Died Today. 4 months, 1 week ago #9860

Received this email yesterday from Goode Ski Technologies.

If you are among the thousands whose lives were touched in some way by Dave, you are invited to a Celebration of Life event, March 14, 2020, at Snowbasin Resort in Huntsville, Utah.

While the official event will take place in the lodge from 5 to 8 p.m., please consider spending the entire day skiing, riding the gondola and socializing at Dave's beloved home mountain.

Additional details are to follow, including RSVP information.

Thank you for all the support you have provided me over the last week and I look forward to seeing many of you on March 14th.

Sincerely,

Dawn Goode
Scot Chipman, President Utah Water Ski Club
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds
Free business joomla templates