Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: If this is what 41 takes......

If this is what 41 takes...... 4 years, 3 months ago #8344

Screenshot_2015-08-18-13-33-01.png

Just saw this on instagram. If this is what it takes to run 41 I never will. I guess fred winter skied away from this. I would have lost it and handle dinged my ski. What a beast.
The most important thing is to have fun.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AB, MISkier

Re: If this is what 41 takes...... 4 years, 3 months ago #8346

I hear GOODE is coming out with Power Shorts that have Vents for water depletion !!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: MISkier

Re: If this is what 41 takes...... 4 years, 3 months ago #8348

I think I see water squirting out of his ears!

Re: If this is what 41 takes...... 4 years, 3 months ago #8354

Yes, he posted that on facebook. It is actually his 39off pass that he ran easily. It is 4 ball. Score ended up 2 and 1/2 @41 off. My question is ... Is he "loading the rope"?

Re: If this is what 41 takes...... 4 years, 3 months ago #8355

• AB
He is being light on the line, hiding from ZO and taking minimal angle....
The following user(s) said Thank You: MISkier

Re: If this is what 41 takes...... 4 years, 3 months ago #8356

This is exactly why I wear neoprene-lined shorts. In fact, I did the same thing last week as Freddie did. Well, except it wasn't 36 mph, wasn't 39 off, I didn't run it, I was not stacked like that, and I lost the handle and slid on my butt over to the next buoy. But, other than that, identical.

I still have a bruise on one cheek from contact at the wake.
Goode XT - 65.25" with Wiley double high wraps
2009 Malibu Response LX with Zero Off Rev R - Setting C2

Ranked in the top 50 for US Open Men's slalom

My skiing is like a box of chocolates...you never know what you're gonna get.
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Cox

Re: If this is what 41 takes...... 4 years, 3 months ago #8357

• AB
I rip out the mesh liner from swim trunks and use Under Armoir thermal shorts.
Dries fast and slows down the fire hose effect.

Re: If this is what 41 takes...... 4 years, 3 months ago #8358

@AB..Thats interesting, where do you get those ?

Re: If this is what 41 takes...... 4 years, 3 months ago #8362

• AB
Any sporting goods store.
Football and soccer wear them a lot.
Sort of like a Lycra bicycle short.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ed Johnson

Re: If this is what 41 takes...... 4 years, 3 months ago #8367

AB...LOL.. That's exactly what it looks like to me. Light on the line and hiding from ZO. LMAO.

Re: If this is what 41 takes...... 4 years, 3 months ago #8368

• BudDavis
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Today is a gift, so ski. No promise of more.
I think Nate makes it look easier.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DeAnaShealy

Re: If this is what 41 takes...... 4 years, 3 months ago #8369

He sure does. However, my question is does anyone know Freddie Winter's height and weight ? I think Nate is 6'3" and like 155 ? Freddie appears to me to be quite a bit thicker than nate.

The question I have about this is, does freddie appear to lean (and "load" ) more than Nate because of a technique flaw, or is it because he has to, due to the fact that he is bigger than Nate and cannot as easily move himself in the desired direction. Especially with ZO.

It seems logical to me that a bigger person will need to "load" the rope more than a smaller person to get the same speed behind the boat. This is why I feel that many bigger skiers are not liking ZO so much while smaller skiers are relatively unaffected and perhaps even "helped" by ZO.

Any thoughts? Am I wrong?

Re: If this is what 41 takes...... 4 years, 3 months ago #8370

• AB
pretty much. Andy was always lean compared to Bob Lapoint, Roberge, etc., and that is what creates different styles. The big change was ZO not allowing you to set the rpm's higher and create more up and down swing in boat speed. Could it be by chance that a lean skier helped develop ZO? I would be fine skiing with PP today, as would most of my friends.
The following user(s) said Thank You: david38off

Re: If this is what 41 takes...... 4 years, 3 months ago #8376

AB. I know that many people's perception is that zero off has less "swing" in speed when in fact, the opposite is actually true. A good friend of mine did an experiment yrs back with PP and ZO and actually filmed and graphed the variations in speed with the 2 systems. He also did it with bigger and smaller guys. What he found was that the fluctuations in speed (excluding the gate speed) was more with ZO than with PP. The variation also was greater in larger guys.

This is actually what I expected he would find. PP was predictive. ZO is reactive. In any system a "predictive" program will provide less variation than a "reactive" one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AB, Ed Johnson

Re: If this is what 41 takes...... 4 years, 3 months ago #8377

• AB
I remember the first time I drove a ZO boat, after who knows how many passes with PP.
My head felt like I was putting on the brakes and then gassing it compared to PP.
Now I am used to ZO and wonder how PP would feel.

So I agree about the up and down of ZO. My ski partner is 6'3" and goes 240-260, so not at all light on the line.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.41 seconds
Free business joomla templates