Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Best Lake in South Carolina

Best Lake in South Carolina 4 years, 4 months ago #8073

• BudDavis
  • Today is a gift, so ski. No promise of more.
I was looking at an article on MSN this morning about the best lake in each of the fifty states. South Carolina has a few very large lakes and people will debate which the best is. The two lakes that I hear are the most popular are, Lake Murray and Lake Marion or affectionately referred mostly as Santee. However, I would say that a poll would have Lake Murray on top.

As I scrolled through the article expecting to see Lake Murray, I was pleasantly surprised to see Trophy Lakes listed. In the slalom ski community, Trophy Lakes is one of the best sites in the world. It was dug with waters ski records in mind, and many records have been set there. But, the slalom ski community is small, and getting smaller. Trophy finally had to turn one of the slalom lakes into a cable park in an attempt to turn a profit. They used to run two slalom tournaments at one time, but now just one.

You can still go there and expect to see some of the top skiers in the world during a record tournament, but there are few tournaments there now compared to past years.

I would guess that on any given weekend, there is more lake activity on Lake Murray than All year at Trophy Lakes. So, I really do not know what criteria MSN used to make their selections, but I think they got SC wrong in the view of the majority of the public.

MSNTrophyLakes.PNG
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds
Free business joomla templates