Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Inaugural Malibu Cup Livestream link

Inaugural Malibu Cup Livestream link 4 years, 1 month ago #8010

• BudDavis
  • Today is a gift, so ski. No promise of more.
Inaugural Malibu Cup This Weekend

A live webcast will be available at livestream.com/sportpixusa/2015MalibuCup This is a DVR format, so you can back up to the beginning.

Posted by: usawsOn: 07/02/2015 10:15:43In: Water Skiing
The inaugural Malibu Cup will be held Friday and Saturday in Tuscaloosa, Ala. The world’s top men's and women's professional slalom skiers, including current world champions and record holders Nate Smith and Regina Jaquess, will compete for respective titles and cash prizes. The preliminary rounds will be held on Friday at Lyman Hardy's world-class Lymanland USA in Duncanville (13 miles east of Tuscaloosa). Saturday’s semifinals and head-to-head finals will be held using a four-buoy course on the Black Warrior River in downtown Tuscaloosa.

The Malibu Cup is part of Tuscaloosa’s Fourth of July celebration that will include a farmer’s market, block party, skiing, water demos, and a huge fireworks display. For more information, visit www.malibuopenfestival.com.
The following user(s) said Thank You: david38off

Re: Inaugural Malibu Cup Livestream link 4 years, 1 month ago #8011

• BudDavis
I noticed April Coble is on a D3 Quest.

Does anyone know when she switched from Goode to D3?

AprilQuest.PNG

Re: Inaugural Malibu Cup Livestream link 4 years, 1 month ago #8012

• BudDavis
Looks like Adam Sedlmajer is on D3.

Does anyone remember has he been on it a while, or was he on HO recently?

Re: Inaugural Malibu Cup Livestream link 4 years, 1 month ago #8013

• BudDavis
The judges gave Steven 2 at 41 off after a review.

Form the video I was watching, it looked like he skied inside #2.

SN1.PNG

SN2.PNG

SN3.PNG

Re: Inaugural Malibu Cup Livestream link 4 years, 1 month ago #8014

Awesome webcast!! Why didn't we see this for the Big Dawg??

Re: Inaugural Malibu Cup Livestream link 4 years, 1 month ago #8015

Yes Bud I was watchimg also and he definitely did NOT go around 2 ball. I could see that in the live shot pretty easy. Makes you wonder about the judges sometimes. This isn't a rare event. I have seen guys drop the handle way before crossing the bouy line but "ski" around the bouy and get the half bouy score ALOT! In fact I think it happened in a Nationals not long ago in the run off to decide the WINNER!!!

Makes me think they should just make a call and forget video review as it seems the review doesnt really help them get it right either?? IMO

Re: Inaugural Malibu Cup Livestream link 4 years, 1 month ago #8016

• BudDavis
I left the house today and am just now getting back to watching the recorded skiing.

In the first round, KC Wilson was at 41off/10.25m and they called 2 1/4. That seems to me to be a very surprising call when the line is that short and the skier does not fall going out bound. In this case, he skied around the buoy and then sank. In the four sequential pictures below, you can see his ski headed inbound and the buoy at his rear foot and the rope tight. I believe the ski was back inside the buoy line when the handle was released and then recoils.

Judging can be hard. It seems to me that Steven got scored for a buoy he did not get and KC was shorted 1/4 buoy he did get.

KC1.PNG

KC2.PNG

KC3.PNG

KC4.PNG

Re: Inaugural Malibu Cup Livestream link 4 years, 1 month ago #8017

Just wanted to say that was an awesome webcast!! I hope some of the sponsors are reading your site Bud, and we as a group need to provide them with feedback so that we can see more like this. The camera shots were nice and clear, and you could really see most of the action as if you were right there. Also the commentator "Danno?" was excellent. It was nice to have someone comment on the skiers and let you know a little about them as they skied etc.

Overall I give it an A plus!!

Re: Inaugural Malibu Cup Livestream link 4 years, 1 month ago #8018

• LEE
  • So, your sayin' there's a chance!
YES! This webcast is of the quality that the Sport needs and deserves.

I hope all other events have taken notice and have begun to reset their standards. This was awesome and represented the Sport, the Athletes and the event in a Professional manner. Maybe most importantly, it gave birth to the opportunity for worthy sponsors to climb on board and ADVERTI$E!

From here on out, there is NO legit reason or excuse for other Pro and Dawg events falling below this level.

Re: Inaugural Malibu Cup Livestream link 4 years, 1 month ago #8019

Well, the weather didn't cooperate today, but overall I like the idea of it. I like the idea of a more public venue for the finals. Although maybe it would be possible to still have a six bouy course with a public site? But definitely the webcast of the prelims was exactly how it should go. From the focus of the cameras to the commentating of Danno, to the "guest" commentators. Great job!

Oh and of course the skiing was crrrazzzy!! Although we only saw one skier take down 41off, many skiers were making 39off look like a warm up pass!!??!! Incredible skiing is all I can say.

Re: Inaugural Malibu Cup Livestream link 4 years, 1 month ago #8053

• BudDavis
Inclement Weather Cancels Malibu Cup

Posted by: usawsOn: 07/06/2015 07:11:21In: Water Skiing
Weather wreaked havoc on the inaugural Malibu Cup this past Saturday in Tuscaloosa, Ala., where the world's top men's and women's professional slalom skiers were to compete for respective titles and cash prizes. The preliminary rounds were held on Friday at Lyman Hardy’s world-class Lymanland USA in Duncanville (13 miles east of Tuscaloosa). Saturday’s semifinals and head-to-head finals were supposed to be held using a four-buoy course on the Black Warrior River in downtown Tuscaloosa. Inclement weather and a strong river current forced organizers to move the finals back to Lymanland. But the relentless rain eventually won out, forcing the cancellation of the semifinals and finals.

So, what happens is situations like this?

A lot of people worked very hard putting on the tournament.
A lot of skier came from far away to ski only part of the tournament.
What happens to the prize money earmarked to be given to the winners?

Thoughts?

Does anyone know for sure?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.55 seconds
Free business joomla templates