Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Driver requirement

Driver requirement 11 months ago #9493

Ok I finally bit the bullet and did the MVR and the online boating course. Then I went to find who in my area was a trained boat driver for the on water part of it. Funny thing is there are only two people in the state neither of whom I know. Both have something flagging them as not eligible too. One says membership expired the other says waiver not signed. Then in talking to a friend they thought I had to actually attend a clinic in order to drive a tournament. Can someone enlighten me to what I actually need to do?
Thanks
Travis
The most important thing is to have fun.

Re: Driver requirement 11 months ago #9494

• BudDavis
  • Today is a gift, so ski. No promise of more.
Good for you working towards becoming a driver. The sport needs more people like you.

With the "Trained Boat Driver Program", you should only be able to drive USA Water Ski-sanctioned GrassRoots tournaments, Basic Skills clinics and club practices/exhibitions.

With what you have done so far, it does not appear you need a clinic. To complete step three, as you know, you need to get the on water test. Maybe try neighboring states to see if anyone is close to issue the test, or take a Winter ski trip to Florida or Texas and get tested then.

But, before you invest further in the Trained Boat Driver, I think what you want is to drive regular tournaments and not just Grassroots. I believe your first step for that is becoming an Assistant Drive. Some of what you have done already may count, but you need to do things in the order AWSA demands or it may not count.

For example: I attended a clinic that is good for four years. I then did the required number of tournament duties during the following six months. AWSA would not give me the rating until I attended the clinic again and paid the clinic fee again even though all was done within about six months. They said I did it in the wrong order.

You probably should fill out this form. APPLICATION FOR ASSISTANT DRIVER

And read over this DRIVERS’ POLICY MANUAL.

Thank you Travis for helping to grow this great sport.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TravisTorley

Re: Driver requirement 11 months ago #9495

Thanks Bud I think that leads me in the direction I was wanting to go. I should have been doing this over the summer when we were the Nautique promo boat. I did a bunch of loading unloading fueling and moving boats. I plan on attending a few low attendance tournament's next year and they are always looking for more help.

Thanks again!
Travis
The most important thing is to have fun.

Re: Driver requirement 11 months ago #9496

• BudDavis
  • Today is a gift, so ski. No promise of more.
Print out three of those forms and fill them out. Then email or USPS them to the people to sign. Send them in and you will get credit for all that work you did last summer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TravisTorley
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds
Free business joomla templates